Yay, happy day! A dear reader likes me and has given me this lovely badge. It comes from Scattered Rayn over at All Roads Lead to Roam. Wow, does everyone have a hard time coming up with things to say in their acceptance post? A big thanks to Scattered Rayn, I took a few minutes to read through her posts and love her style. I can’t wait to see more. This is also a great chance for me to show my appreciation to some bloggers who have been supportive and wonderful to me in their own ways. I’ve never received a blogger award before, this is all very exciting!
Drumroll please – here are the ten bloggers that I feel deserve recognition. They are free to pass this award on to ten of their favorite bloggers, but are in no way obligated.
- Rik at Uphill Writing – Rik has gone out of his way to personally help bloggers and writers like myself be our very best.
- Cindy at The Only Cin – Her writing talent to transports the reader right into the story and enchants them with what they find. Her work is beautiful to read.
- Nancy at Global Mysteries – Posts fantastic factual tidbits inspired by her world travels. It makes me crave a long journey to go out and see more of the world.
- Paula at Reflections from a Cloudy Mirror – Paula generously shares both her humor and insights in her posts and fantastic comments. She always makes me smile.
- Nancy at Spirit Lights the Way – Nancy shares advice on how to live a greener, happier, healthier life with a dash of humor and the occasional justified rant.
- Geoffrey at Misanthropology 101 – Should get this for occasionally spotting the glaring grammar errors I let slip. Also he writes delightful posts on the art of writing and life in general.
- Lulu at Lingua Franca – Gives us all a taste of Indonesia. Her delicious posts cover culture food and lots more.
- Jennifer at Jennifer Neri – Jennifer and I share a lot in common, we both struggle with balancing life as a writer and being moms of young kids. Jennifer shares her experiences with writing and favorite books.
- Cassandra at Cassandra Jade in the Realm – For her posts about writing and the publishing process – a big congrats on her book Death’s Daughter, which was recently published!
- Scott at A Writer’s Blog – A fellow writer also in the writing trenches with his manuscript, I might have ruined his life with my adverb post. I hope this makes it up to him! He does good work over at his blog where he also posts about writing and the writing process.
Ten things about myself that you didn’t know:
- I am an adopted child, sometimes I think I might be part Vulcan – minus the ears.
- My personality is blue/white on the Hartman color code – meaning that I’m loyal and logical, but totally uncomfortable in the spotlight.
- Out of all my friends and family I am the most frugal. I don’t like shopping and only go if forced.
- I love Asian food, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, you name it. And yes, I love good sushi.
- Confrontation scares me more than spiders, heights, and public speaking.
- The Food Network is my friend, I spend more time watching it than anything else – unless you count kid’s shows.
- I’m a horrible perfectionist and often find myself avoiding a project because I know it won’t turn out ‘perfect.’
- Like many writers, I’m a bit of a hermit. I like the quiet and comfort of my home, and there is always tons to do here.
- I worked as a Vet Tech before having kids but can’t have pets due to family allergies.
- My second toe is longer than the rest – I think that means I’m stubborn, but I already knew that!
A big thanks again to Scattered Rayn for this award and to all those bloggers out there who I admire. For those who are missing the Motivational Monday post, I’ll do one tomorrow. Promise.